Radial Drilling machine
Drilling machine which is used to drill the holes on the components or work piece with the help of drill bits.
The drill bits are also called as Multi-point cutting tools which can have their rapid impact on the Material Removal Rate (MRR) i.e. a single point cutting tool(like the one used in a lathe machine) can removes the material slowly whereas, a multi-point cutting tool removes the material at a faster rate and thereby increases MRR.
Basic parts of a Drilling Machine include:
4.Power Transmission system:
6.Chuck: It is used to hold the drill bit.
The drilling machine available in the central workshop is EIFCO- RDH- A325
- Drilling capacity in steel: 38
- Morse taper in spindle: 4
- Spindle traverse: 140
- Feed: Auto Feed
- No. of auto feeds: 3
- Range of power feeds (mm/rev) :0.1 - 0.2 - 0.3
- No. of spindle speeds: 10
- Range of spindle speeds (rpm): 100 - 142 - 210 - 310 - 450 - 600 - 852 - 1260 - 1860 - 2700
- Power of the spindle drive motor: 1.5 kW/ 2HP, 1440 rpm, 415 AC, 3 Ph 50 Hz
- Drilling Radius Max / Min: 770 / 580
- Diameter of pillar ( Material: Cast Iron): 180
- Distance between spindle nose and base Max / Min: 1065 / 500
- Distance between base and circular table: 315
- Table Working Surface: 335 dia.
- Base Working surface: 750 x 490
- Power of lifting motor: 0.75 kW / 1 HP, 1400 rpm, 415 V AC, 3 Ph 50 Hz
- No. of ‘T’ slots: 3
- Centre distance between ‘T’ Slots: 200
- Space occupied ( L x B x H ): 1350 x 660 x 2080
- Net weight: 850 Kg
Quantity available: 1 nos